• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan (SIR)

Ryan (SIR)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

Welcome to SIR's member request and general discussion page.  SIR is a guild based on maximum fun.  We often squad up for matches, talk, joke and laugh while the bad guys all fall to pieces though we are always considerate in and out of battle, win or lose.   Our guild buffs are always active and we are always making improvements to them.

SIR currently requires your skill level to be at least in the Terminator League to be considered for membership.  Because spots are limited we ask only those who apply be active members of GnR who play on a regular basis.  Please be sure to include your in game name, which league your currently in and placement within that league so we may speed your request along and get you wearing that SIR tag in no time.

​To clarify SIR member requirements:

- Must be in Terminator league or above.

- Must play GnR actively during the week.

- Must actively donate to the guild.

- Must remain respectful to all guild members and non-guild members alike.

- Last but not least.  Must be wiling to have maximum fun!

#2 Maxer

Maxer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

I’m glad you mentioned this Ryan because it covers some issues I’ve been meaning to address myself.

We’ve had a few members who have joined the guild who did not meet the membership requirements even though they claimed they did. I’m not going to name anyone here. And I’m willing to overlook the discrepancy since I should’ve checked more clearly when they asked to join. But I do hope that if there are those in the guild now who have not met our membership requirements they will take this opportunity to remedy the situation as soon as possible. It is not all that difficult to reach the Terminator League. You can get there even quicker if you squad with some good players (like the members of our guild).

I have decided to grant a grace period of one week from today to allow everyone in the guild to reach at least the Terminator League. Trust me this is not a difficult task and I will be willing to help any of our members reach that goal. I know other SIR members will be willing to help out too. However at the end of the grace period I will be reviewing over the status of all members. Anyone who is not at least in the Terminator League by then will be kicked from the guild. This is not something I would want to do. However since we are still a relatively new guild we have to limit our membership to good players who will be active and help the guild grow. So I hope that anyone who has not met the membership requirements will make the most of this opportunity to correct the situation as quickly as possible.

On a more positive note, I want to say thank you to all those in our guild who have worked really hard to help the guild grow through their donations and hard work. There’s no way I could’ve done this all by myself and I give my sincerest gratitude to those who have helped carry the load. There’s still more to be done. But the guild is coming along fine and I credit our success to the blood, sweat, and tears of our members who have really put in the extra effort to get us where we are now.

Also I want to clear up something about our membership requirements since there seems to be some misunderstandings about it. As Ryan has already mentioned, the main requirement is that players must be at least in the Terminator League at the time they ask to join. Also players must be active in the game on a regular basis. Does that mean you have to play every single day? No. But once or twice a week is not unreasonable. The only other major requirement is that you donate to the guild whenever you can. Again this does not mean you have to donate every single day. Nor does it mean you have to donate huge amounts each time. But in order for our guild to continue to grow and thrive, everyone must carry their fair share of the load. I leave it to each member to decide what they can contribute as far as time and donations. But prolonged inactivity or failure to donate on a regular basis will result in termination of membership. Again I will be willing to help out any way I can.

Finally I want to state what my goals for the guild are. First and foremost my main goal for the guild is for everyone to have fun and enjoy their experience playing G&R. We have had some utterly hysterical moments in the game from various things that have happened. Funny comments that someone makes or crazy things that happen in battle. I think I probably hold the record for falling off the ledge on that hellfire map.

We also value teamwork in our guild. We look out for each other and stand together in battle. Coming from a law enforcement background, I can tell you that teamwork is essential to success in combative situations. The best players I’ve ever seen in the game are also those who utilize teamwork the most.

We fight hard in a battle. And we fight to win. When it comes time to fight you have to get in there and make your presence known and not be halfway about it. When presented with a threat, we take care of it quickly and decisively. No we are not a guild of bullies that seek to go around beating up on everyone. But anyone who goes up against us will know they’ve been in a fight.

Another core value in our guild is respect. Respect for ourselves and other players. Harassment and taunting of other players will not be tolerated in the guild. We hold our heads high and take pride in what we do. But we do not try to spoil the fun of the game for others by making hateful and insulting comments.

Sorry to be so long winded here. But this is a post I’ve been meaning to make for some time now. Membership in SIR is open to anyone who meets the requirements and is willing to do what is necessary to win and help our guild continue to thrive.

#3 Ryan (SIR)

Ryan (SIR)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

I want to throw this out there for my guild members for discussion either here or in game chat.

I personally do not like that our guild as well as 99% of other guilds build robots to be in the 2 to 3 ranking.  I am hoping the Dev's read my post on ranking up incentives and respond accordingly by rewarding us for having higher ranking robots.  The thing is, I want to be the first guild to encourage and lead the way to having higher ranked robots.   I think the goal should be to get to rank 10 (if that's the highest rank) and play there giving the lower ranks to the new or unskilled players to be able to hone their skills and builds, basically get to know the game.

I think it's a win win situation for SIR if we are the first to make it known playing at a low level shows lack of skill and promote playing at a higher level.  

Please feel free to post here or in game chat to discuss the matter. 

#4 Maxer

Maxer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:43 AM

Although I’ve talked with several players about this, I feel it should be posted here in case some of the key people involved might have missed it.

Recently we had an incident in our guild with some officers kicking people out of the guild who did not deserve to be kicked out. And also promoting people who to officer rank that did not meet the requirements for the rank. This is completely unacceptable behavior for officers of this guild and will not be tolerated in the future.

I’m going to say this only once. All officers in our guild are expected to use their authority in a mature and responsible manner. We don’t kick people out of the guild without good cause. And rank is earned. Not just handed out to gain favor or influence with others. Being an officer in our guild is a privilege. But also a responsibility. And any officer who abuses their position will be demoted.

The only main requirement for being an officer is that the player must be at level 40 or higher. Some players have chosen not to be officers. Which is certainly their right to do. But for those who accept the rank of officer, they are expected to observe the rules of the guild and not abuse the position. If an officer feels that someone needs to be kicked from the guild they should speak to either me, Ryan, Goraphobia, or Tanya about it first and we will look into it. But there will be no more of this arbitrarily kicking people from the guild without good cause. And any officer who abuses their rank will be quickly demoted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users