Photo

Choosing Gamemodes in matchmaking (missions)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LOST TALE

LOST TALE

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

Problem: Missions that require specific gamemodes are difficult not because of the objective (as it should be) but because of the time needed for the opportunity to show up (how it's not ment to be).

Solution: Players should have the option to choose preffered gamemode IF they have a mission. Their preference will be given priority vs others who don't have one.

Add me in GAR: LOST-TALE   , also if you want to join guild ACE.

#2 Orome

Orome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

The whole point of current mission system is to make people play longer. If allow people choose what gamemode they want to play then the majority will be playing deathmatch which will make all other gamemodes mostly unusable resource. So to make it reasonable to the point where it wont affect anything else would take something like reconstruction of the whole matchmaking system. Giving people  more chance to get a preferred gamemode only if they have a mission also would take a lot of time and resources. What would make more sense and take less resources is to make the missions not to be depended on what kind of match you get.

To be fair it really isn't a problem considering there are plenty of other kind of missions like kill x robots, deal x ammount of damage that you can choose from and you can pay 300 coins to get a new set of missions.

#3 LOST TALE

LOST TALE

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

How is playing longer relevant? do investors look at this stat?

Heard this bullshit before. I also saw them(others) fail their ass off because they went through the roof to wreck gameplay for some stupid stat that relies on incompetency for someone to give a fuck about without context.

#4 LOST TALE

LOST TALE

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:19 PM

If allow people choose what gamemode they want to play then the majority will be playing deathmatch which will make all other gamemodes mostly unusable resource.

Solved by recommended implementation: Only those with related missions can apply preference to matchmaking system.

Only way is a high amount getting missions related to 1 common objective, leaving the others with no one to play the others.

And that for sustained periods implying the players are retarded and cant finish their objective quick.

#5 Orome

Orome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:49 PM

How is playing longer relevant? do investors look at this stat?

Heard this bullshit before. I also saw them(others) fail their ass off because they went through the roof to wreck gameplay for some stupid stat that relies on incompetency for someone to give a fuck about without context.

It's the whole point of this mission system and I really don't understand what you are trying to say...

Solved by recommended implementation: Only those with related missions can apply preference to matchmaking system.

Only way is a high amount getting missions related to 1 common objective, leaving the others with no one to play the others.

And that for sustained periods implying the players are retarded and cant finish their objective quick.

Giving people  more chance to get a preferred gamemode only if they have a mission also would take a lot of time and resources.

I should had said "more chance or a chance", "more chance" as percentage wise and "a chance" as ability to choose.

When I say "would take a lot of time and resources" by that I mean it isn't practical solution to the problem.

#6 LOST TALE

LOST TALE

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:19 AM

Plyaers grouped for a match.

check for player preferences.

If player has preference

Apply preference.

If they changed the matchmaking speed, I don't think this would be an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users