74 replies to this topic

#41 Nien

Nien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

hi

All you need - to be successful - are towers and mines...

the robot = mine and towercarrier

expensive weapons = misinvestment

Acid is too strong

towers and mines giving no tactical elements to the game...its braindeath. everytime the same, i hit one = he build 1-2 towers im waiting...hit one 1-2 towers etc. low hp = back to mine and waiting.

"tactic" is not the best  way for G&R, we have to many games on the net for better tactical playing

better startegie is to bring a fast and funy game with a big space for being creative and imaginative. mines and towers?! wrong idea.

thx and cu

sry my english is bad 

My signature

#42 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

I can't agree with you Nien, you see, playing with devices gives you an extra rank or two, which means you can't use as good weapons as for example you are using, which equals it out, it's your problem if you are using lasers only and can't shoot the mines down, people use trashers, humiliators, oxidians, etc. to take the mines down in their way.

You think you are the smart one here, but you are wrong.

Game is perfectly balanced and what you're suggesting is complete bs.

Still waiting for the promised extra devices...

Sincerely,

BRING IT

#43 haidme

haidme

Most Wanted

• Administrators
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

Hello,

We are constantly improving the gameplay and balance. Devices is not ment to give the players advantage, but to add more variety and choices to the gameplay.

We already prepared 2 completely new devices and two completely new weapons. They are set to be in the game right after the Christmas event.

#44 Nien

Nien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

hm bring it
you mean the only cance vs mines is splash damage (best way vs mines is acid and laser are useless) and the only chance vs turrets and acid is speed? Heavy HP and slow = no arms and head vs a fast acid + turret player? and i have to play with trashers, humiliators, oxidians...for not instant dying? (oh i have to fire in every corner to destroy the mine...with a little bit of luck). = i have to play a fast, med armored robot with a oxidians arm and...? oh my decision (thats nice...maybe a 2. oxidian or roket?)
the best on oxidians + turrets builds is you can destroy mine...fast robots can`t get out of the dot-damage (fast firerate), slow robots too and you can play with a touchpad...(the "shooter").
you call it perfectly balance???...than play with a warhawk on rank 4 or 5 or with 4 expensive weapons and low HP (= no devices) and enjoy the balance ^^

oh i forgot...splash damage is the best way for many exp...

cu

My signature

#45 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

I've played on many builds, you always have to sacrifice something when you go for one build. What works against 1 build may be completely useless against another. And coming out of cover against a bot that can kill you in few shots, if aimed straight at the body is in no way a smart decision if you don't have a similar build and trust your aim, which you can't really trust due to the difference in ping, which makes it a pain.

For example, using mines for defence can be compromised if your opponent shoots them off, which would leave you disadvantaged, with less HP or weaker weapon build, this would require you to use a build without devices at all, or maybe turrets or shield could work, shield is too bugged though, it doesn't always open, people can drive through it, my brother told me that 1 player drove through his shield twice in a row once, one time could be explainable, since on his screen he might have passed the point of where the shield was planted, but going through it again is just unexplainable...might be it didn't open on the other players screen.

What I'm saying, there is no perfect build, if you want speed, you go for weaker parts, which can be destroyed by both, high damage weapons, as lasers on triceratops, or even the mines, if a fast bot drives on mines he can instantly lose his chassi and become immobile. The gameplay b4 the devices were introduced was very different and sometimes even games 5 v 5 lasted not much more than a minute, since everyone would just go to the center of the arena and shoot at everything that moves, very fast games, but with introduction of devices the old builds that were aimed at high speed and decent damage turned out to be not so great if you decide to drive through whole arena, since there might be a trap waiting for you around the corner, which you now may not be able to run from, I could go on and on with the examples, but I think I've already made my point.

Everyone chooses what's best for him, can always change the build during the day, if your opponents use something your build is not suited for...

IMO warhawk is not suited for a low rank like 4 or 5, it would be better for rank 7.

P.S. can't always fight against the bots and feel like a boss, sometimes you run into real players, ya know xD

On this note I'd like to suggest either removing bots, either making them stronger and appear on higher ranks, also using the devices.

Sincerely,

BRING IT

#46 Nien

Nien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

i agree 

the problem is, you dont have the credits to test your favorite build. you have to spend 150 credits for a "medlaser"..and you dont now the projectile speed. you spend the credits an realise that a ant killer is better. renting better gear is verry expensive (28k credits to test a 2 armed med "build"). why i cant test gear before i rent or buy?...we have a test robot function and a "test robot room"...  

the game give no space to chance the way or being creative. 

a interested new player is frustrated before he reached lvl 10...i met some player with the "tunderbolt"...they spend the credits for being defenceless

:)

cu 

My signature

#47 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

I actually bought 2 necrotrons and then realized that they are in no way good, they made the rent option exactly for testing purposes, I believe so...

Some things come with patience, so if you bought something you don't like just put it aside, things get buffed or nerfed pretty often around here.

#48 RageTester

RageTester

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

Guess I am not planting the bomb this time :D

stuck_10.jpg

#49 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

I'd like to suggest the ability to change influence in a guild to cash, cause it appears like you can't do much no matter what influence you have.

#50 Bong51

Bong51

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

Hello I'm back and with me my ideas are back 2 :)

I'll suggest something that isn't something revolutional and I'm sure you already work on it

1. This gaming machine to be multiple game choices - You have the menu and you have several options - "Tetriss" "hunting" "Jumping" etc.
2. We need new engines (I'm sure you already work on this)
3. We need to have example and suggestion guides about - What to put best on some part of the robot(lets say "shasi" <--- I don't know how to write this word) 
4. I think we need to chose the robot based on our team lets say you already have your team and you are in something like que and you all chose from - 1 really huge damage dealing robot - "THE DAMAGER" , 1 strong and heavy but not fast robot which to be like "wall" - THE TANK , 1 fast robot something like scout and for taking theyr batteries etc. and you need to add something like "MEDIC" weapon which to heal the robots and this will be class too - "THE MEDIC" and you'll have limit on your tiers lets say max 15 tiers like 3x tier 4s and you won't be able like - 5x tier 8s because you are above the tier limit. 
Example battle
The scout - tier 3
The tank - tier 7 
The medic - tier 3
The damager - tier 5

#51 haidme

haidme

Most Wanted

• Administrators
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

Hey Bong51,

thank you for your advises.

1. This gaming machine to be multiple game choices - You have the menu and you have several options - "Tetriss" "hunting" "Jumping" etc.

We are working on a system, where you can chose to play from many games on this game console.

2. We need new engines (I'm sure you already work on this)

There might be a few new engines in the feature, but now it is not our priority

3. We need to have example and suggestion guides about - What to put best on some part of the robot(lets say "shasi" <--- I don't know how to write this word) 

We are working on a huge informative wiki page that will suggest fight strategies, robot builds..etc. It will explain the game in deep with videos and images.

4. I think we need to chose the robot based on our team lets say you already have your team and you are in something like que and you all chose from

This feature will be available when guild battles are introduced. Guild members will be able to gather in teams and discuss and build their robots according to their battle tactics.

#52 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

I think the team message board should work differently, the messages should be saved so they would be seen to whole guild, this way a guild could set up a meet when everyone can be online, leave some important messages or stuff like that.

#53 therealdavefu@gmail.com

therealdavefu@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

im a new player and i would like to see a more clear indicator of how module parts match up with each other before purchasing in the shop it doesn't say which parts can be used with other parts so a colour coded system would be nice unless of it supposed to be deliberately obtuse so people waste money, i hope not. as for game modes lots is the answer but throwing everyone into the same pot when searching for a match should stop groups splintering off like in other games. more parts and customization option would be cool it may seem like there's a lot but after while it wont. hope i help. davefu666

#54 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

im a new player and i would like to see a more clear indicator of how module parts match up with each other before purchasing in the shop it doesn't say which parts can be used with other parts so a colour coded system would be nice unless of it supposed to be deliberately obtuse so people waste money, i hope not. as for game modes lots is the answer but throwing everyone into the same pot when searching for a match should stop groups splintering off like in other games. more parts and customization option would be cool it may seem like there's a lot but after while it wont. hope i help. davefu666

This is a very good suggestion, I've seen many videos about GaR on youtube where they try to explain how this works, others just trying to show how it works, anyway, new players should know how this works, since this is not closed beta anymore where you can just go through things to find out how it works. There should be something indicating that to build a module you have to stack parts from same category (light weapon with light arm and so on).

#55 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

Nothing out of the ordinary...really nothing.

lol10.jpg

...just GodOfWoW floating somewhere, happened 3 games in a row, might be your server glitched for this "bot"

#56 WiroSableng

WiroSableng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

Hi Everyone...

lets straight to the topic about ideas, here's my ideas :

1. add more non-weapon customize parts, I mean something just for looks, not just mask or hat, but make something else, ex : wing, exhaust/muffler with special fx, etc. make our bot more unique and looks good. I made this idea because personally i got boring for always spending credit just for weapons or body parts (head, body, arm, chassis). Painting body parts is good idea which is someone already say about that before.

2. make our lvl become more useful, not just for achievement or getting money by lvl up but please put something on it. ex : special part that is open/unlock to a certain lvl. if someone fear because that special part would be overpowered, think again, you are not getting that part just by only spending credit but by play more often. so no pain no gain.

3. make "count-down time bar" in our crossfire, for slow-reload weapon likes fragunov (sniper rifle) or rainbow laser (forgot its name), time bar is very crucial, so we can know our weapon is ready to shoot or not.

and bonus question, "when we can play on steam ? " hehe can't wait any longer but thanks for the effort and work to make this game going on steam. good luck and sorry for bad english.

My signature

#57 haidme

haidme

Most Wanted

• Administrators
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hello WiroSableng,

Currently we are working on our new interface and weapon upgrade system. Points 1 and 2 are already covered in this system plus much more new things, like consumables, boosts and more.

make "count-down time bar" in our crossfire

This is a good idea, we will discuss it.

"when we can play on steam ? "

We have been greenlit on Steam. thanks to our great community support.

We are doing our best to bring the game on Steam as soon as possible.

#58 Test Dummy

Test Dummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

Suggestion about guild ranks.

Guild ranks should work differently, currently there are 3 ranks, where 1 is master - can do anything, Officer that is almost unlimited and completely without any control simple members, what there should be is the ability to make your own guild rank as a Master and set it's abilities in the guild, so people could for example be able to invite new members, but not activate guild benefits and stuff like that, as a guild Master I want more flexible menu, because some members just can't be trusted with wasting cash to their liking.

rage10.gif

#59 RageTester

RageTester

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

Population is still kinda low and it get's boring waiting for in-game bots all the time, just think about it, if someone has 100 fights per day, he wastes round 2 hours simply waiting for them to start...

Therefore I suggest new game mode:

"SQUAD vs never ending army" of in-game bots (every killed enemy is replaced by new one) [That way players can continue the fight as long as they want or as long as they can survive]

or "SQUAD vs BOSS BOT" that is simply 10 times or so more durable and more lethal than simple bots...

I also think in-game bots shouldn't give or take rank points, that way in order to climb highscores you must in fact beat worthy opponents...

Let me entertain you, 1 vs 2 and completed batteries :)

1_v_2_10.jpg

#60 haidme

haidme

Most Wanted

• Administrators
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

Hey guys,

@ Test Dummy - We thought about guild rank settings. This feature is put on hold for now,due to our small team. However it is in our TODO list and we just need more time, to make it work.

@ RageTester - 

SQUAD vs never ending army

Hah ... it would be fun mode. However we are already working on "SQUAD vs BOSS BOT" mode. It is a time consuming mode and it will be available along with single player missions, when we are ready with this features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users