12 replies to this topic

#1 Lina

Lina

Bounty Hunter

• Administrators
  • 93 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

It feels like a lot has been going on since the last Developer Diary. The new section for developer diaries sequel has been opened  for Guns and Robots' fans to get some insight into some of the items and item enchantments that players will encounter along the way.

"New year for us means new updates to make our players happy! One of the new features coming to life this year will generally let players upgrade their parts, weapons, weapon enchantments. The item upgrade option will give a wide variety of new specifications in the battlefield. The possibilities for upgrades will vary in range from zero to ten levels of improvement. However, the upgrades will be restricted by player levels. Above certain level players will be allowed to upgrade specific part. The possible upgrade options will be unlocked for different weapons or parts at a different level cap. "

Please, let us know your thoughts so we can tailor future Dev Talk to ensure that the information we provide is interesting and relevant. 

#2 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

The restriction by level for item upgrades sounds wrong, the idea about item upgrades sounds interesting in general and I'd like to see that, but we have new players complaining about how much they are disadvantaged already, so I don't feel like it is a good idea to put a level restriction on.

#3 haidme

haidme

Most Wanted

• Administrators
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Leveling up will be changed completely, players will level up much faster in future.

Level restriction  for item upgrades is neccessery feature. We do not want a completely new player to be able to buy all parts he wants and to upgrade them to tier 10 instantly.

#4 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

I did a research, I watched almost all videos there were on youtube about Guns and Robots and it seems that nowadays generation wants to get in action instantly, they just don't have the patience...as for myself I'm excited about this, just don't feel that everyone else will like it as much, can't wait for this any longer, good luck with the game :)

Don't let the robot combat disappear, robots 4ever!

#5 MaSHaDaR

MaSHaDaR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

Maybe instead of level restrictions (which equals grind) you should put winning success rate restrictions(similiar to arena rating in other games). Thus to upgrade your parts to a certain level you have to be succesful(for example i have 67% winning rate and the best upgrades would require 70-80%).

Also i am specifically not refering to the current rating system you have, because i am not very sure how  it works but i noticed my rating has dropped just by not playing(correct me if i am wrong).

That will bring some accomplishment to the players thats on a different level of the grind part and more leaning towards the skills part. Thats considering you have more players tough and can match players with similar upgrade levels, because with the current player base it wont work.

Also try to make the upgrades non - obligatory - meaning none of them should be op and there should be a diversity. If someone upgrades his wep, he shouldnt be able to upgrade his armor and so on, there should be some limits. That is a lot of balancing to do, good luck!

My signature

#6 MCG

MCG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

Maybe instead of level restrictions (which equals grind) you should put winning success rate restrictions(similiar to arena rating in other games). Thus to upgrade your parts to a certain level you have to be succesful(for example i have 67% winning rate and the best upgrades would require 70-80%).

Also i am specifically not refering to the current rating system you have, because i am not very sure how  it works but i noticed my rating has dropped just by not playing(correct me if i am wrong).

quite honestly I am a new player and havn't even played the game yet. but for the fact of having the success rate rank were you should be dosn't sound right. You see new players usualy suck at the game before getting good at it, and for the first week of playing the game there robot would still be going no were if they did this. I'm sorry but it just dosn't seem like a good idea. On the other hand the original idea of level restriction is great.  

My signature

#7 RageTester

RageTester

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Winning success ratio should not limit anything!!! Talking from own experience, more than year ago when I started playing there was no rank divide, rank 1's where thrown in the same fights with rank 10's and so you were lucky to make some fire rounds b4 you were corpse...

Took me a while b4 I realized my old notebook can't handle the game on full graphics, did over 1000 fights(can't remember exactly when I thought of lowering graphics and resolution) on 3-10 fps lol, imagine my win ratio after that...

Also new players are always disadvantaged, because they don't know which parts are good and how to use them properly...

#8 MaSHaDaR

MaSHaDaR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:08 AM

Item upgrade is kind of useless at the moment, because your robot goes to a higher rank and no one is playing above rank 2. Maybe its a better idea to remove ranks so everyone has the incentive to upgrade their parts and then you will have to remake the matchmaking in some way.

My signature

#9 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:59 PM

Item upgrade is kind of useless at the moment, because your robot goes to a higher rank and no one is playing above rank 2. Maybe its a better idea to remove ranks so everyone has the incentive to upgrade their parts and then you will have to remake the matchmaking in some way.

Now that sounds like pay2win xD

Current matchmaking works pretty fine, of course not always, since sometimes I get to play against rank 4s with a rank 2 lol, would be better if they made it so you could only play against same tier and with squads they would count the average rank and not the max.

#10 MaSHaDaR

MaSHaDaR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

Actually that has nothing to do with pay2win. It will have no effect whatsoever on this aspect of the game. Right now i have sparks to unlock higher upgrades(none are bought, all colected from dailies) but i am not using them because the robot will go to higher rank and i will be playing with bots instead of real people.

My signature

#11 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

Nothing to do? Try using all your upgrade components, you will possibly reach rank 7 - 8, now imagine a rank 10, maxed out, that will definitely strike you down in a single shot (believe me, you won't be able to upgrade to rank 10 without investing, I'm one of the most active players and I can tell that even combining everything I've gained on my countless accounts I wouldn't go to rank 10) and not even saying that newcomers would be discouraged to continue the game. This used to be the issue when there were no rank restrictions, people that bought stuff were pretty much the only ones getting kills, your idea is to make just that.

Just reread your post, ROFLMAO, so you are suggesting that you will unlock upgrades, meaning you are a low level, don't do that, just level up and they'll unlock on their own.

#12 MaSHaDaR

MaSHaDaR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:08 PM

So whats the point of item upgrades then? Atleast before steam we were playing with rank 4 robots. Now everyone is playing rank 2. My idea is not what you imply, newcomers wont be matched with skilled players no matter the rank of the player. The matchmaking has to be reworked so its based on other factors - ladder ranking/% of wins/level ...or mixture of all of these. Unlocking the upgrades also means paying the sparks needed, not only getting the level requerment.

My signature

#13 BRING IT™

BRING IT™

Most Wanted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:25 PM

You can unlock the upgrades by leveling up, to actually upgrade something you need to use sparks. If new players wouldn't be able to meet skilled ones the game would become boring to the oldies since their opponents would never change and also the newcomers would have a hard time getting points fast since no one with high points would be matched against them.

B4 Steam we were playing at rank 4 since it was the highest rank where the bots were added, there were not that many players around and staying at a lower rank was a disadvantage, now the system has been changed a bit and rank 2s don't get matched up against rank 4s, at least that often, so playing at rank 2 is completely fine and has more advantages than b4, I guess people could be playing at rank 7 now, but not everyone has the chance to upgrade that far.

The point of upgrading items is actually pretty huge, if you don't upgrade you will still meet players who have upgrades on, then if you upgrade too much you will jump the desired rank, have to think on that one, but I do indeed believe you have a brain of your own.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dev diary, developer diary, developer talk about, new features, Guns and Robots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users